Network Infrastructure Technician
875 US Hwy 491 N, Yatahey, NM 87375
Department: Information Technologies Systems
This position reports to the Technologies Supervisor and is responsible for supporting the Central Office Tech, Outside Plant, and the Business Office for purposes of managing subscriber database and equipment inventory. Assists Systems Administrator with the support of Adtran Network when needed. Maintenance of detailed records of installed equipment, ports assigned, and ports available and telephone number lists are all responsibilities of this position. Additionally, this position participates in planning new construction and retrofit projects for subscribers.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer tech support calls from the Outside Plant, Central Office, and Business Office and other user groups.
- Answer all questions regarding individual subscribers, success devices, projects, or cuts.
- Construct new access points, gateways, and subscribers both manually and via flow-through provisioning.
- Add/Remove access devices to AOE, SmartRG and the MetaSwitch as needed.
- Assist troubleshooting efforts in the field by providing necessary data to Outside Plant Techs who are responding to an outage or a special event.
- Maintain login sessions to multiple platforms at assigned workstations including, but not limited to: SmartRG, Cambium, MetaSwitch, and Adtran.
- Install and maintain outside/inside wire for Customer Premise and Tower Sites and Central Offices.
- Occasional support to other departments as needed including Construction and OSP.
- Ability to work safely under stressful conditions.
- Working knowledge and maintenance of appropriate hand tools, test and safety equipment including
- Use problem-solving and technical skills to install and troubleshoot RF and NT equipment throughout the Sacred Wind Network.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal communication skills and be able to work with limited supervision and work in a high performance, team environment.
- Demonstrate abilities to learn and keep pace with changing technologies.
- Interact with other departments to coordinate and complete job assignments.
- Maintain a professional image.
- Manage provisioning of subscribers by first validating requested assignment, verification of facilities in field, formatting request, and forwarding request to SAM for switch activation.
- Update plant records with changes for follow up with the Central Office or Outside Plant for possible repair or replacement.
- Maintain HSI customer list of subscribers who have violated the Company’s acceptable use policy.
- Notify customers of violation virus or illegal download status and instructs customers as to proper actions to rectify.
- Back-up for the Central Office Technician and, as such, will cross-train on all COT duties.
- Punctuality and reliability required.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required to fulfill job function, or as assigned.
- High School diploma, or GED required.
- Some college -an Associate’s Degree preferred.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Experienced with all MS Windows-based software, including MS Office, MS Visio, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Competency with creating and editing Excel spread sheets.
- Knowledge of MetaSwitch and Adtran.
- Knowledge of SAM and Atlas software.
- Ability to work well with other employees and be a team player.
- Excellent communication skills, both in the written and spoken word.
- Ability to communicate courteously and professionally with customers and employees.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, detailed oriented.
- Ability to work independently, to think analytically and be a problem solver.
- Ability to work accurately under the stress of time constraints and deadlines.
- Ability and a willingness to train and share information and skills with other members of the IT/CO team.
- Must be willing to work off-shift on occasion as demanded by the needs of the Company.
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license.
- Must live within 45 minutes of Yatahey.
- Must be physically capable of bending, stooping, and lifting 50 pounds.
Sacred Wind Communications, Inc. reserves the right to revise and/or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
This job specification lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on business needs and conditions. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment drug test and background check. Sacred Wind Communications, Inc. complies with the Navajo Preference in Employment Act and EEO. Sacred Wind Communications, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer.