H2 Performance Consulting is subject to the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act as a Federal Contractor and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strives to build a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Additionally, as mandated under Executive order 12989, H2 is required to verify employment eligibility of selected candidates through the Department of Labor’s - E-Verify.
H2 Performance Consulting (H2) is seeking a Software Developer to join our current contract supporting the White Sands Missile Range in Alamogordo, New Mexico. This work will be performed on-client site and requires an active Secret clearance at time of application.
- Develop software solutions by studying requirements, analysis and information needs, conferring with customers and IT Management; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; perform software design using software development fundamentals and processes, debug, test, and deploy software solutions.
- Design, implement, monitor, and maintain relational database management systems (RDMS) to optimize database performance, resource use, and physical implementations of databases.
- Develop, modify, and maintain complex programs.
- Design and implement the interrelations of files and records within programs which will effectively fit into the overall design of the projects.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Provide test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of developed software.
- Monitor and manage database backups, logs, and journals; install, maintain, and upgrade database software, restore and/or recover data as required.
- Execute policies and standards, as they relate to IT systems and network security and protocols.
- Understand LAN/WAN/WLAN concepts, infrastructure, and protocols.
- Use knowledge of pertinent system software, computer equipment, work processes, regulations, and management practices.
- Confer with other data processing personnel to secure information, investigate and resolve problems and coordinate work efforts.
- Demonstrate a wide degree of creativity and latitude as expected.
- Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Attend meetings and conferences as required and serve as a primary interface with the Government.
- Demonstrated experience of various COTS software/hardware, and network products; Windows OS, MS Office, etc.
- Demonstrated experience of various programming languages, including VB.NET, Crystal Reports, etc.
- Demonstrated experience as a Programmer / Developer in the analysis, design, hands-on development and delivery of applications.
- Must possess a strong programming background authoring well written, well documented, modular and clean code.
- Must be able to effectively prioritize tasks, and manage projects from concept to production.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to understand detailed instructions.
- Ability to react to customer issues and formulate resolutions quickly.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- B.S. degree in Information Technology or related field.
- 8-10 years of direct programming experience.
- Relevant and equivalent experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
- CompTIA Security+ ce certification.
- Computing Environment training, in accordance with DoD 8570.01.
Work Site Requirement:
- Work at White Sands Missile Range, NM.
- Must be able to attain and retain a Security Clearance at the Secret level, as a minimum.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must maintain ability to be insured to operate company vehicles.
Qualified candidates may submit their resume to the career section of our company website at http://www.h2pc.com. All resumes will be reviewed within 5 business days and those candidates we wish to further in the application process will be contacted via email/phone to schedule initial phone screens.