In a Network Engineer role, you will:
· Consult with clients from various industries to determine the best technical solutions, considering their business and organizational needs, strategies, and future goals.
· Collaborate with vendors, manufacturers, and colleagues to design highly effective solutions.
· Support the Ardham Sales Team as a Subject Matter Expert (“SME”) to develop and jointly present technical proposals aligning to clients’ goals.
· Design and deploy network technology solutions, such as: switches, routers, firewalls, wireless, and associated patch cabling.
· Implement best practices for security, monitoring, and configuration management, following established industry frameworks or other standards and methodologies
· Provide support to clients by troubleshooting their service requests and proactively anticipating potential issues; identify and implement solutions.
· Keep detailed records of work performed in the ticketing system to support client billing and information aggregation.
To be most successful, you should possess traits including:
· Proven track record of effectively designing, installing, configuring, and troubleshooting systems and solutions above.
· Ability to effectively present technical solutions to clients in varying roles (IT Staff, IT Management, Organizational Leadership, C-Level, etc.)
· Strong understanding of the OSI model, as well as planning and implementation of network security, traffic management and segmentation, routing protocols, open-standards and Cisco-proprietary functionality (VTP, GVRP, EIGRP, HSRP, VRRP), diagramming and flow charts, etc.
· Experience with computer systems networking, including desktops, laptops, servers, virtual systems, etc.
· Excellent troubleshooting, problem solving, and communication skills (written, verbal, and face-to-face)
· Excellent business acumen, interpersonal (EQ) skills, and active listening skills to carry out successful consultative conversations and solution presentations
· Success working collaboratively with multiple departments
· Driven to continue learning as technology evolves
· Experience in Project Management
· 5+ years of industry experience