In a Datacenter Engineer role, you will:
· Consult with clients from various industries to determine the best technical solutions, considering their business and organizational needs, strategies, and future goals.
· Collaborate with vendors, manufacturers, and colleagues to design highly effective solutions.
· Support the Ardham Sales Team as a Subject Matter Expert (“SME”) to develop and jointly present technical proposals aligning to clients’ goals.
· Design and deploy computing infrastructure solutions, such as: Servers, Data Backup, Storage, Virtualization, Hyper-Converged, Cyber Security, Databases, etc. Primarily Microsoft software; some *nix and Apple.
· Implement best practices for system security and data backups, following established industry frameworks or other standards.
· Provide reactive support to clients by troubleshooting their service requests and proactively anticipating potential issues; identify and implement solutions.
· Keep detailed records of work performed in the ticketing system to support client billing and information aggregation.
To be most successful, you should possess traits including:
· Proven track record of effectively designing, installing, configuring, and troubleshooting systems and solutions above.
· Ability to effectively present technical solutions to clients in varying roles (IT Staff, IT Management, Organizational Leadership, C-Level, etc.)
· Strong understanding of Windows Server Roles, AD Management and Security, Backup methods (Premise, Cloud, Hybrid, GFS, RPO, RTO, etc), Virtualization, Storage concepts (IOPS, Hot, Warm, Cold, Growth Rate, Connectivity, Security, etc.), Cyber Security
· Experience with hyperconverged technology, server and backup performance tuning, systems monitoring, and networking (OSI model, various protocols, etc.)
· Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and face-to-face).
· Experience creating scripts (Perl, Ruby, Python, PowerShell, etc.) and setting up software for automation.
· Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal (EQ) skills
· Excellent business acumen and active listening skills to carry out successful consultative conversations and solution presentations
· Success working collaboratively with multiple departments
· Experience in Project Management
· 5+ years of industry experience
· Possess certifications similar to MCSA, MCE, VCP, RHCSA, etc