Encantado Technical Solutions (ETS) is an unpopulated Small Business Administration-approved mentor-protégé joint venture between Edgewater Federal Solutions, Inc. and ECS Federal, LLC. ETS is bolstered by second-tier subcontractors Information International Associates (IIA) and Amentum. ETS provides comprehensive enterprise and mission-embedded IT support for the $400 – $700 million Third-Party Telecommunications and Information Technology Support Services contract at Sandia National Laboratories. ETS is currently recruiting for a variety of cleared and uncleared IT positions with on-site and remote opportunities in New Mexico and California. As ETS is unpopulated, employees will work for one of the four companies listed above.
Encantado Technical Solutions is currently seeking an Application Engineer I to support an IT Managed Services program for the Department of Energy. The overall program includes a 500+ work force performing Enterprise IT support, Service Desk, and Telecommunications support across multiple facilities and locations. The Application Programmer III will provide on-site and off-site and related support services for classified and unclassified telecommunications and information technology (IT) systems for National Technology and Engineering Solutions of Sandia (NTESS) with a workforce of approximately 14,000 personnel.
The High Performance Computing Metrics Team is seeking an Application Engineer I to develop and maintain multiple software programs to support the HPC Metrics Team. Candidate will collaborate with other software/hardware staff and the HPC user support team.
The High-Performance Computing Systems Department is responsible for the design, acquisition, deployment, and operations of Sandia’s large-scale scientific HPC clusters and their supporting infrastructure. The department collaborates closely with Scientific Applications & User Support and High Performance Computing Development to deliver and support production HPC systems and their environments within Sandia and across the tri-labs, for use by Sandia’s mission programs. To meet the high-performance computing needs of Sandia’s mission areas, the HPC team acquires, deploys, and operates compute platforms, networks, and storage systems in four separate security environments. The department has expertise in massively parallel computing architecture and operations; Operating Systems; high-speed file system architecture, technologies, and tuning (e.g., Lustre and GPFS); high-speed networking technologies; and computing facility technologies. A focus of the department is the creation of highly repeatable software and hardware environments to enable quick deployment and efficient operations of computational platforms and high-speed storage systems.
Day to day activities will include:
- Maintain and improve a web-based application using Ruby on Rails to control access to High Performance Clusters in a multi-organizational environment.
- Maintain and improve MariaDB/MySQL database for storing HPC metrics data. Write and improve scripts to import data and effect changes to the database using Ruby on Rails. Perform database administration functions.
- Maintain and improve report generating software using R and LaTeX to collect and report on High Performance Cluster usage, generating graphs and tables.
- Support the metrics team with ad-hoc reporting of usage and state of machines.
- Maintain Linux servers, performing operating system updates and installing software as needed.
Years of Experience: 2
- At least 2 years’ experience in software development in an object-oriented environment.
- At least 2 years’ experience working with database environments.
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a Linux environment.
- Experience using software configuration tools like Git.
- Good team and communication skills.
- Active or able to obtain a DOE Q Clearance.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, R, LaTeX, MySQL/MariaDB, Oracle.
- Experience with Software Testing tools.
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills and apply details data into useful information, such as documentation and developing policies, processes, and procedures.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
It has been and continues to be the policy of Encantado Technical Solutions to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, and/or other status protected by applicable law.
Please apply through the Encantado Technical Solutions, LLC. careers site.