Responsible for overseeing and directing multiple programs with revenues over $1M per year as well as supervising all aspects of program delivery. Leads, manages, and trains a team of program managers in the planning, establishment, execution, and evaluation of a multifaceted program. Responsible for the fiscal, operational, and administrative management of the programs by their aligned program managers. Seeks and develops outside funding sources. Serves as the principal point of representation and liaison with external constituencies on operational matters and provides overall management and professional guidance as leadership in the area of expertise. Develops and maintains organizational representative relationships with local, state, and national government and organizational partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises an exempt and non-exempt subordinate staff, which includes prioritizing and assigning work; conducting performance evaluations; ensuring staff is trained; ensuring employees follow policies and procedures; maintaining a healthy and safe working environment; and, making hiring, termination, and disciplinary recommendations.
- Acts as the principal investigator over multiple grants within multiple program areas.
- Leads CNM strategic initiatives as a team leads or team member, contributing to agreed pathways for non-credit to credit, credit for prior learning, pre and full apprentice, internship, process development and programming.
- Acts as physical location managers, supporting operations management, including CNM off-site locations, coordinating operational needs and positions to ensure excellent outcomes and customer service where their team programs are executed.
- Manages and oversees the overall operations of multiple programs, ensuring compliance with college, state, and federal policies and regulations. Provides technical and/or professional oversight and leadership in the execution of program/project activities, as appropriate to program objectives and areas of expertise.
- Responsible for program planning, development, and tactical implementation of multiple programs as well as continuous improvement of current program operations. Manages program logistics to include program communications, course scheduling, planning, implementation of special events, on-site management of events, and enrollment.
- Project management of large-scale projects: multi-faceted duties can include coordinating with internal departments and personnel and external contractors, project budget forecasting and management, project timeline development, and management.
- Prepares and oversees the preparation of financial reports, such as income statements, balance sheets, and analyses of future earnings or expenses. Builds the operating budget for each program to meet program goals. Manages the contract, grant, and/or state funding; approves and monitors budget expenditures; prepares budget revisions; provides interim status reports on all accounts; oversees, coordinates, and/or assists with proposal writing to develop additional funding. Prepares monthly analytics of program enrollment, revenue, and expenses.
- Finds and implements ways to increase revenue. Oversee the investment of funds, manage associated risks, supervise cash management activities, and execute capital-raising strategies to support the program’s expansion. Establishes procedures for custody and control of assets, records, loan collateral, and securities, in order to ensure safekeeping. Generate revenue reports.
- Researches and solicits business and directs the investment of funds, always adhering to Federal and State laws and regulations. Builds community partnerships and increases community outreach. Serves as a connector between constituents and resources, liaise with the entrepreneurship groups, and provides guidance and counsel when appropriate.
- Represents CNM and CNMI with political leaders, and non-profits management, at funding meetings, in high-level decision groups, and in other higher education institutions.
- Assists with writing complex agreements, and working with the legal team to negotiate on behalf of the department.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Five (5) years of experience related to the duties and responsibilities, which includes two (2) years of experience managing exempt staff
- Previous experience leading internal teams and managing diverse work streams.
- Previous experience managing external relationships and partnerships.
- Previous experience with navigating in fast-paced, high-growth environments with significant change and ambiguity.