- Albuquerque, NM
- Salary: $55,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
Note: We are only considering candidates who are local to Albuquerque or who are already in process of moving here for other reasons.
Aviata is a fast-moving, product development-oriented organization actively building and supporting solutions that connect major brands to millions of their customers. As a core member of the team, help us build cutting edge systems.
QA Team Lead
Our QA Team Lead will lead a team of QA Automation Engineers (QAE). Automated testing and manual testing are an integral part of our software development process. As the team lead for our QA team, you will run and manage all QA efforts across several products / projects. You will be responsible for hiring, training, establishing processes and guidelines for your team, moving from manual testing towards automated testing as much as possible, having a vision for the team, handling smaller discipline problems, holding and running meetings, and working closely with our Software Engineers. You will report to our Director of Engineering.
QA Automation Engineers attend all of our Scrum meetings and work closely with our Software Engineers in finding and reproducing bugs, and reworking developers whose code has problems. Additionally our QA Team are the gatekeepers for all production releases across several products / projects.
As this posting is for various skill levels, there is some flexibility on the requested skill set depending on experience. More experienced Team Leads will have a strong track record leading teams of QA Automation Engineers and are expected to hit the ground running with minimal effort or guidance.
Less qualified candidates will still have a strong test automation background, but will not have prior experience leading a QA team. We are happy to give leadership training to the right candidate in this situation.
This is a very unique opportunity for Albuquerque.
We run an Agile Scrum team. Automated testing and CI/CD are a core part of our software delivery strategy.
- Prior experience on a software development QA team where test automation played a big role
- Strong experience and working knowledge of writing automated tests in at least two of the following: REST APIs, Automated web or mobile UI testing, Behavior driven testing, AI Test Automation
- Strong Java development skills
- Prior QA Team Lead experience
- Experience working with JIRA
- Experience using Selenium, Cucumber
- Experience with an AI Test Automation framework
- 4 year degree, especially in Computer Science or related field
Job responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Lead the QA effort at Aviata
- Run interviews for new QA team members
- Mentor and train member of the QA team in best practices
- Advise senior leadership on technology choices
- Establish processes and guidelines in testing
- Write Automated UI tests which will become a part of our CI/CD process
- Manually test all development tasks which are testable
- Identity bugs and try to determine the root cause as much as possible without having to look through code (IE use Chrome dev tools, examine HTTP requests / responses)
- Go above and beyond in your testing, identify edge cases
- Work closely with Software Engineers
- Perform cycle testing for production deployments
- Be the gatekeeper for all production deployments