- Albuquerque, NM
- Salary: $36,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
Note: Aviata, Inc. only considering candidates who are local to Albuquerque or who are already in process of moving here for other reasons.
Aviata is a fast-moving, product development-oriented organization actively building and supporting solutions that connect major brands to millions of their customers. As a core member of the team, help us build cutting edge systems.
QA Automation Engineer
Our QA Automation Engineers (QAE) are an integral part of our software development team. QA Automation Engineers attend all of our Scrum meetings and work closely with our Software Engineers in finding bugs, and reworking developers whose code has problems. Additionally our QAEs are the gatekeepers for all production releases.
This is a very unique opportunity for Albuquerque.
As this posting is for various skill levels, there is some flexibility on the requested skill set depending on experience. Senior QAEs are expected to hit the ground running and contribute by both mentoring the team and driving new ideas and approaches.
We run an Agile Scrum team. Automated testing and CI/CD are a core part of our software delivery strategy.
- Prior coding experience - Java preferred
- QA / Software tester experience
- Experience writing Automated UI tests
- Experience working with JIRA
- Experience using Selenium, Cucumber
- Write Automated UI tests which will become a part of our CI/CD process
- Manually test all development tasks which are testable
- Identity bugs and try to determine the root cause as much as possible without having to look through code (IE use Chrome dev tools, examine HTTP requests / responses)
- Go above and beyond in your testing, identify edge cases
- Work closely with Software Engineers
- Perform cycle testing for production deployments
- Be the gatekeeper for all production deployments