The ISS IT UNM Bookstore position will support all information technologies integral to UNM Bookstore operations including the Visual Ratex retail management system. They will work closely with Bookstore Administration and IT to resolve technical problems, promote utilization of advanced features and provide training as appropriate. The position will also work with the software vendor and Bookstore management to resolve issues, schedule and manage system upgrades and develop long term roadmaps as appropriate.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Install, maintain, and support technologies essential to UNM Bookstore operations.
* Works closely with UNM Bookstore Administration and ISS IT to evaluate proposed upgrades and changes to primary systems that streamline and optimize workflow.
* Works with appropriate IT resources to ensure that all systems meet or exceed UNM standards for manageability, security, regulatory compliance.
* Monitors and manages logs and records associated with UNM Bookstore systems such as user access, system security and performance.
* Provides individual and group instruction on new or updated technologies;
* Analyzes and resolves technical issues for specialized and UNM standards based technology. Expeditiously escalates complex problems to appropriate IT resources for evaluation and resolution.
* Evaluates and tests new or modified software programs and software development procedures used to verify that programs function according to user requirements and conform to established guidelines and best practices.
* Experience providing end-to-end system support for retail management solutions
* Experience working closely with specialized system vendors to manage upgrade planning and implementation projects as well as working with teams to transition to new technologies and solutions.
* Experience working in information technology at educational institutions.
* Skill in working within tiered support structures and service oriented, standards based IT organizations. For additional information contact Shirley Alexander, (505) 277-6199 or firstname.lastname@example.org