- Albuquerque, NM
- Salary: $50,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
Note: We are only considering candidates who are local to Albuquerque or who are already in process of moving here for other reasons.
Aviata is a fast-moving, product development-oriented organization actively building and supporting solutions that connect major brands to millions of their customers. As a core member of the team, help us build cutting edge systems which will enable us and our clients to make data-driven decisions and present customers the right content at the right time.
For the time being we are only hiring Software Engineers with significant Java experience, with a strong preference for those with Java Spring experience. Other equivalent Enterprise framework experience will be considered (JEE or DropWizard).
Our software engineers are responsible for maintaining existing systems and building next generation products at Aviata. Work primarily falls into one of several categories:
- Developing SasS web apps. React or Angular for front-end. Scala, Node.js, or Java Spring for back-end.
- Other misc work. We’ve done: Android apps, DevOps work, and working with Machine Learning (Spark ML, Tensorflow w/ Python).
This is a very unique opportunity for Albuquerque, as we use cutting edge technology. We are willing to work with and train developers new to these tools and frameworks.
Senior level developers are expected to hit the ground running and contribute by both mentoring the team and driving new ideas and approaches.
We run an Agile Scrum team with one-week sprints on the R&D side. Automated testing and CI/CD are a core part of our software delivery strategy.
Primary: New product development work related to high level company objectives
Secondary: Maintain existing systems
New product: Nginx, Node.js, Scala, React, Cassandra, Redis, Java Spring
Existing systems: LAMP, Python, Angular
Tools: Docker, Git, JIRA, Confluence
- 4 year degree, prefer Computer Science, though the right candidate with the right skills can offset the degree
- Java, Java Spring
- Async programming
- Demonstrated passion for technology / software development outside of work
- DevOps experience
- CI/CD Pipeline configuration
- Akka, Angular, Play!, React, Spark
- Tensorflow experience
- You will spend the vast majority of your time doing development work
- Everyone on the team learns the full stack. You will spend time working on the UI, business, and persistence layers.
- Participate in design and architecture discussions
- Research solutions and suggest new services or technology to use to solve various problems
- There is occasional DevOps work
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation for production system monitoring and resolution of critical problems. Note: that we’ve automated much of this to simplify your life.
- Handle the occasional customer technical support request